FOIL Requests

  • The District Clerk is the Records Access Officer for the Poughkeepsie City School District. The following rules and regulations apply to requests to inspect or receive copies of records maintained by the Board of Education.

    The Records Access Officer is designated to receive requests for records of the Board of Education and make such records available for inspection or copying when such requests are granted. She shall compile and maintain a detailed current list by subject matter, of all records in the possession of the Board, whether or not available to the public.

    Subject Matter List

    1. The district shall maintain a reasonably detailed current list by subject matter of all records in its possession, whether or not records are available pursuant to subdivision two of section eighty-seven of the Public Officers Law;
    2. The subject matter list shall be sufficiently detailed to permit identification of the category of the record sought.
    3. The subject matter list shall be updated not less than twice per year (April and October).


    1. There shall be no fee charged for the following:
      1. inspection of records;
      2. search for records; or
      3. any certification pursuant to this part.
    2. The district’s fee for copies shall not exceed twenty-five cents per page for photocopies not exceeding 9 by 14 inches in size. Other documents shall be reproduced at cost if greater than twenty-five cents.