INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR 2023 SCHOOL TAX BILL
- If you maintain an ESCROW ACCOUNT for the property on the front of this bill, please forward the entire tax bill to the financial institution that manages your account.
- All Payments must be accompanied by a PAYMENT STUB from your tax bill. DO NOT SEND THE ENTIRE TAX BILL.
- For a PAID RECEIPT you may print it online at: www.infotaxonline.com or request by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIEW OR PRINT YOUR TAX BILL ONLINE:
HOW TO PAY YOUR SCHOOL TAX BILL PRIOR to DECEMBER 6, 2023
- Make checks payable to: COLLECTOR OF SCHOOL TAXES and mail the payment to:
POUGHKEEPSIE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
P.O. Box 7107
Buffalo, NY 14240
Please Note: A $1.00 Service Charge will be assessed when the 2nd payment option is used.
A $10 per bill fee will be charged to mortgage companies that submit memo tax bills in lieu of District printed tax bills.
- You can pay online with “MUNICIPAY”. The fee for using this service is 2.65% or a $3.00 minimum for credit cards, or an e-check service fee of $1.50. Log onto https://www.infotaxonline.com and choose the “Pay Balance” option after pulling up your tax bill.
- Drop Box (FOR CHECK PAYMENTS ONLY) located at the: School District Columbus Administration Building, 18 S. Perry Street, Poughkeepsie, NY.
- Cash payments will only be accepted by appointment. Call: 845-891-6779 to schedule an appointment in advance.
PENALTIES AND FEE SCHEDULE FOR LATE PAYMENTS
Taxpayers may pay the full tax bill in September or elect the two-installment option.
Tax payments postmarked from September 1, 2023 to September 30, 2023 are WITHOUT PENALTY on the 1st installment or full amount. Thereafter, penalties are assessed based upon the September 30, 2023 due date on the 1st installment and the due date of November 15, 2023 on the 2nd installment as follows:
The late penalty schedule for the 1st payment due in September is as follows:
September 1 – September 30 0%
October 1 - October 31 1%
November 1 - November 30 2%
December 1 - December 5 3%
The penalty schedule for the 2nd payment due in November is as follows:
September 1- November 15th 0%
November 16 – December 5th 1%
If you are using the two payment options, a $1.00 service charge will be assessed for the September payment. The second tax payment is due November 15. When the tax due date falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, the payment period is extended until the following Monday.
WHEN AND WHERE TO PAY DELINQUENT SCHOOL TAXES
After December 5th, taxes are considered delinquent and turned over to the City of Poughkeepsie for collection. During this transition, between December 6 and December 31, tax payments will not be accepted. However, no additional interest charges will accrue during this period.
After January 1, 2024 you must contact the City of Poughkeepsie in order to determine the full payoff amounts for tax years 2023 and prior. Additionally, delinquent tax payments must be Directed to the City Finance Department at the City of Poughkeepsie Municipal Building, corner of Mansion and Market Street, who are required to make an additional charge of 5% of the aggregate amount of taxes and interest due at the time of the payment. Interest on the taxes due will be assessed at the time of payment, based upon 1% per month from the due date of the payment.
- For information concerning your delinquent school tax bill call The City of Poughkeepsie Finance Department at 845-451-4030.
- Senior Citizens with an income of $29,000 or less may be eligible for tax exemption. For information, call 845-451-4040, or write the City Assessor’s Office, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- If you are 65 years of age or older or disabled and you own and occupy a 1, 2, or 3-family residence, you may designate a consenting adult third party to receive duplicate copies of your tax bills and notices of unpaid taxes until further notice. Applications may be obtained in person from your tax collecting officer or County Real Property Tax Services, or by mail if you include with your request a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Applications for third-party notifications must be filed with the tax collecting officer no later than July 1 to be effective for the following tax years.
ONLINE TAX INFORMATION
- The Poughkeepsie City School District now makes updated school tax information available online through Info Tax Online. This service will allow users to view current school tax information for all properties in the City of Poughkeepsie. Please click on the following link to research tax information: www.infotaxonline.com. For information regarding the New York STAR program go to: https://www.tax.ny.gov/star/