Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year. The start of the school year ushers in the opportunity for students to actively engage in high quality learning, positive youth development activities and extended day programs to help them develop the skills and competencies needed to succeed. And, we, as a school district, are strengthening our impact so that Poughkeepsie City School District students achieve success in and beyond the school environment.
The Poughkeepsie City School District ended 2021-2022 with another year of steady growth in our mission to inspire and nurture all PCSD students by providing innovative, high quality educational opportunities that prepare each of them to embark on individual paths of success in and beyond the school environment.
As we open the doors to this school year, the entire Poughkeepsie City School District community can look forward to even more exciting innovations that will support the five-year transformation efforts of the district. I am excited to share a few of the innovations that will welcome the school community upon their return:
- Expanded programming for ENL students, including a dual language program at the Early Learning Center
- Expanded programming for Students with Exceptionalities
- Expanded Music and Art Programming
- New and updated curriculums in many of the elementary, middle, and high school curricular areas
- Updated 21st Century Learning Environments including student furniture upgrades
Student Support Program
- Crisis Intervention Workers at all schools
- Social Emotional Learning Counselors at PMS and PHS
- Social Emotional Resource Centers at PMS and PHS
- Athletic programming for Students with Exceptionalities
- Increased college readiness and workforce development programming for elementary, middle, and high school students
- Building and Facilities improvements through the Capital Improvement Project
- Districtwide Safety and Security Upgrades
- Districtwide Technology Upgrades
As one can see, we are Championing Opportunities for all Poughkeepsie City School District students.
For more information on what is in store for the 22-23 academic year, please take a look at the 22-23 Districtwide Goals and Performance Objectives.Yours in Education,Dr. Eric Jay Rosser Superintendent of Schools