To support student learning during school closure supplemental instructional resources have been identified to engage PCSD students.
We encourage our parents and students to explore these resources as a supplement to what PCSD teachers have provided. This will list will be updated to provide new opportunities for our learners.
Here are links to many online resources available to students for home learning.
- Amazing Education- http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/ - Has a HUGE spreadsheet with details on many other educator tools.
- Academic resources - https://www.leanlabeducation.org/coronavirus-resources
- Scholastic Learn At Home - https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Curriculum Associates - Supporting Students Away From School https://www.curriculumassociates.com/supporting-students-away-from-school?fbclid=IwAR31fP034MMz_MnqNg2n_Zzel8WYIkfo6Ji8x1aaPL30_w19HQyyatm0c0w
- Study Island - https://www.studyisland.com/
- Education Library - https://www.education.com/resources/
- 30 Virtual Field Trips with Links - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SvIdgTx9djKO6SjyvPDsoGlkgE3iExmi3qh2KRRku_w
- CTE Certification Opportunities - (school districts should have a license)
9. Khan Academy - How to for everyone
10. Khan Academy for kids - https://learn.khanacademy.org/khan-academy-kids/
11. 105 Tools for Distance Learning - https://www.albert.io/blog/tools-for-distance-learning/
12. 10 Free Mobile Apps to Help you Learn Anything - https://www.independence.edu/blog/apps-that-help-you-learn
13. Top 100 iPhone Education Apps for Life-Long Learning - https://www.diygenius.com/best-educational-iphone-apps/
14. We Are Teachers - Free online learning tools for all grade levels - https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/
15. Free SAT Prep - https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
16. 10 Free SAT Prep Resources - https://www.enactyourfuture.com/free-sat-resources.html
17. Create a Canvas account -
18. 200 Free Educational Resources - http://www.openculture.com/free_k-12_educational_resources
19. 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours - https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
20. Open Library - https://openlibrary.org/
22. Math Activities To Do At Home - https://matr.org/blog/fun-maths-games-activities-for-kids/?fbclid=IwAR3KXl4gcFnqKRNMiz_5rVWbmlWajabkfJshaBf2utnENCjBsVXwdQaqqu8
23. Engineering activities - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oCM2Ue9w32EUIGfRXsjwEXU_-Up8D6FSSWT8YGiBEtE
24. 150 Educational Shows to Steam on Netflix - https://homeschoolhideout.com/educational-shows-on-netflix/
25. Brain Pop - https://go.brainpop.com/accessrequest
26. A list of free learning tools - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBPxMhqfVxHNDRET2ZRZENHSzg/view
27. E-Learning for Kids - https://www.e-learningforkids.org/
28. Helpful tools for teachers teaching an online course - https://www.theedublogger.com/teaching-online-school-closures/
29. Digital Tools and Apps Teachers For Formative Assessment - https://www.nwea.org/blog/2019/75-digital-tools-apps-teachers-use-to-support-classroom-formative-assessment/
30. The Art Effect - Arts education and youth development agency, offering a variety of classes and workshops. https://feelthearteffect.org. Coming up May 11-22, 2020, for youth 14-19, two remote workshops: MADLab 3d Design Workshop and Spark Studios Screenwriting Intensive. Both programs are free to Dutchess County residents. Also, see the daily #ArtAtHome challenge on The Art Effect Facebook page for projects you can do with items from your house.