Information Regarding Your 2022 School Tax Bill
- If you maintain an ESCROW ACCOUNT for the property on the front of this bill, please forward the entire tax bill to the financial institution that manages your account.
- All Payments must be accompanied by a PAYMENT STUB from your tax bill. DO NOT SEND THE ENTIRE TAX BILL.
- For a PAID RECEIPT you may print your certification online or email firstname.lastname@example.org. TO MAIL: Send payment to the PO Box address on the front of the bill.
- Make checks payable to: COLLECTOR OF SCHOOL TAXES.
- A $10 per bill fee will be charged to mortgage companies that submit memo tax bills in lieu of District printed tax bills.
YOU HAVE ONE LOCATION TO PAY YOUR TAX BILL
- M & T Bank WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING PAYMENTS.
- We are now accepting online payments with “MUNICIPAY”. You can log onto https://www.infotaxonline.com a “Pay Balance” option will be provided to make payments by credit card service of 2.65% or $3.00 minimum or e-check service fee of $1.50.
- School District Columbus School Building: August 15, 2022 to December 6, 2022, taxes are to be collected by dropbox CHECKS ONLY to the Collector of School Taxes. Dropbox is located at 18 S. Perry Street, Poughkeepsie, NY. Cash payment will be accepted by appointment only. For tax information call: 845-891-6779.
- Tax invoices display the address of our new location, 260 Mill Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will continue to collect from 18 S. Perry Street. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
- Please Note: A $1.00 Service Charge will be assessed when the 2nd payment option is used.
WHEN AND WHERE TO MAKE PAYMENT OF DELINQUENT TAXES
- After December 6th, taxes are delinquent. Between December 7 and December 31, tax payments will not be accepted. However, no additional interest charges will accrue during this period.
- After January 1, delinquent taxes will be accepted only by the City Finance Department at the City of Poughkeepsie Municipal Building, corner of Mansion and Market Street, who are required to make an additional charge of 5% of the aggregate amount of taxes and interest due at the time of the payment. Interest on the taxes due will be assessed at the time of payment, based upon 1% per month from the due date of the payment.
- For information concerning your delinquent school tax bill call The City of Poughkeepsie Finance Department at 845-451-4030.
- Senior Citizens with an income of $29,000 or less may be eligible for tax exemption. For information, call 845-451-4040, or write the City Assessor’s Office, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
If you are 65 years of age or older or disabled and you own and occupy a 1, 2, or 3 family residence, you may designate a consenting adult third party to receive duplicate copies of your tax bills and notices of unpaid taxes until further notice. Applications may be obtained in person from your tax collecting officer or County Real Property Tax Services, or by mail if you include with your request a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Applications for third-party notifications must be filed with the tax collecting officer no later than July 1 to be effective for the following tax years.
Online Tax Information
The Poughkeepsie City School District now makes updated school tax information available online through Info Tax Online. This service will allow users to view current school tax information for all properties in the City of Poughkeepsie. Please click on the following link to research tax information:
Tax Payment Information
The first tax payment for the school year is due September 15, 2022.
The late payment schedule is as follows:
- September 16 - October 15
- October 16 - November 16
- November 16 - December 6
The second tax payment is due November 15. If you are using the two payment option, a $1.00 service charge will be assessed. When the tax due date falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, the payment period is extended until the following Monday.