The Board of Education shall provide transportation within the district for children in the following categories:
1. children residing within the Krieger Annex attendance area;
2. all eligible children with disabilities in accordance with Education Law;
3. students who attend educational classes at the BOCES; and
4. students attending district magnet schools who reside outside of the walking area
5. students with approved 504 accommodation plans
6. students who the district assigns to schools outside of their neighborhood attendance areas for the purpose of improving class size balances.
7. students temporarily disabled who are unable to walk.
The responsibility for administering the transportation program in the district shall rest with the Superintendent of Schools through the Assistant Superintendent for Business, who shall adhere to all applicable laws and regulations in developing said program.
The Board of Education is committed to carrying out the Individual Education Plan (I.E.P) of each student with an educational disability pursuant to Part 200 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. Therefore, each student with an educational disability whose I.E.P. sets forth a requirement for transportation services to effectuate the student's educational program as well as each student with an educational disability who is otherwise entitled to transportation shall receive District-provided transportation service on each day the student's educational program is being conducted, whether or not the District's schools are open on such day(s), except when weather conditions preclude safe conveyance.
First Student, Inc. Bus Company
Phone: (845) 454-3000